Vladimir Putin has signed a decree on calling up 135,000 conscripts for military service from April 1, according to the document posted on the government’s legal information web portal: "To implement the call-up for military service from April 1 to June 15, 2020 of 135,000 citizens of the Russian Federation aged 18 - 27 who are not in the reserve and are subject to conscription for active duty".
In the spring of last year, Russia also called up 135,000 conscripts for military service. The document also orders "to discharge from military service soldiers, sailors, sergeants and master sergeants whose term of active duty under conscription has expired."
The Kremlin earlier said it would study the issue of postponing the army draft to a later date over the coronavirus. Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said that the conscripts would undergo a mandatory two-week quarantine after they arrived at military units.
The Russian government has set up an Internet hotline to keep the public informed about the coronavirus situation.
Source - TASS