The Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation announced that among the events of the International-Military Technical Forum ARMY-2020 will be held a roundtable discussion under the title "Digital Twin in Military Shipbuilding. Problems and Prospects."
In an announcement published by the ministry today, specialists and scientific community experts are invited to discuss new technological directions for creating weapons and military equipment in the interests of the Navy. Furthermore, the discussion will revolve around the procedures for implementing digital twin technology in the development, creation and testing of new samples.
This roundtable event" will be organised by representatives of the MSRC of the Navy "Kuznetsov Naval Academy" under the title "Digital Twin in Military Shipbuilding. Problems and Prospects"
The agenda of the event includes:
- digital transformation of military shipbuilding;
- production of arms and equipment in the context of the fourth industrial revolution;
- production of arms and equipment in the context of the diversification of military-industrial complex.
- the experience of creating complex equipment using the technologies of "digital twins";
- "virtual training grounds";
- "digital shadows" in order to reduce the cost, shorten the development and production of surface ships, their weapons and equipment, as well as reduce operating costs.
It is planned that following the results of the round table, proposals will be formulated for creating digital copies of promising samples of gas turbines and diesel engines, as well as diesel-geared, diesel-gas turbine and gas turbine units. A separate list of possible ways to introduce digital twin in the development and production of surface ships, their weapons and equipment will be compiled.
The event will be attended by specialists of the Main Command of the Navy, MSRC "Naval Academy", representatives of Peter the Great Saint Petersburg Polytechnic University, "Sredne-Nevskiy shipbuilding plant", "Kalashnikov" concern, and industry representatives.